Serbia Urges Its Citizens to Leave Iran ‘As Soon As Possible’ Amid Rising Tensions
Warning Follows Poland’s Advisory as US Military Presence in the Middle East Expands

New Delhi: After Poland, Serbia has urged its citizens to leave Iran as soon as possible. The Serbian Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a statement on its official website advising against travel to Iran due to the deteriorating security situation.
The statement said, “Due to the worsening security conditions, citizens of the Republic of Serbia are advised not to travel to Iran. All those currently in Iran are advised to leave the country as soon as possible.”
The advisory comes amid heightened tensions in the Middle East. The United States has reportedly carried out its largest military deployment in the region in the past 22 years. US President Donald Trump has also warned of possible military action against the Islamic Republic’s nuclear program.
In light of these warnings and threats, Serbia has renewed its appeal to citizens in Iran to exit the country “as soon as possible.” The Balkan nation had already advised its citizens in January to leave Iran and avoid traveling there. Large-scale protests were ongoing in the country from late December 2025 to early January 2026.
On Thursday, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk also urged Polish citizens not to travel to Iran and to return immediately if they were already there. He stated that given the current situation, Polish nationals in Iran should leave at once, as in the event of armed conflict, evacuation within a few hours might not be possible.
“Please leave Iran immediately… and under no circumstances travel to this country,” Tusk said, speaking near Warsaw. “I do not want to scare anyone, but we all know what I am talking about. There is a risk of fighting.”
He further warned that it may not be feasible to evacuate people within a few or even several hours if the situation escalates. The Polish government did not disclose how many of its citizens are currently residing in Iran.
Meanwhile, according to US media reports, if Trump decides to launch an attack, several military options are reportedly under consideration. These range from limited and targeted strikes to extended military operations lasting several weeks, including potential plans to target top leadership in Tehran.








